Sunday 27 October 2013

Checking In Again!

Checking In Again!


It has been so long since I have posted on here so I thought I ought to post about the cake I made for my sister's birthday (28th June - woops).



So here it is! 

I decided to make this cake at home rather than at my university house because I was worried that transporting it might damage it. But I managed to take over the whole kitchen - sorry nan!

I used the hemisphere cake tin again to make it look like a hill and rolled green fondant icing onto it. As I had to create the cake quickly I didn't make my own fondant icing.Ruby wanted butterflies and flowers on it so I used my favourite plungers to create this effect. 



 I decided against covering the cake board this time as I didn't like the effect of the stretched fondant. However, I think for my next cake (that will have inspiration from this cake) I will use piping bags and use green royal icing. I didn't use that for this cake as I thought that the cake would already look too busy with the butterflies, hearts and animals. 

But I had to make the cake quite crowded anyway as she wanted lots of little pretty moulds




Here's the gorgeous birthday girl! 
6 already... Argh!

No comments:

Post a Comment